Last Updated on
Do you aspire to study in Canada? Well, there’s big news for you!
GIC for Canada is going to be increased from CAD $10,000 to CAD $20000. – Sources
How true is it?
As per the news that has been floating around, this information is 100% true. There has been no official confirmation on the CIC website so far. However, there has been news that from April 1, CIC is going to implement these new rules.
As a matter of fact, Scotiabank and ICICI bank sources have confirmed that they have been informed by IRCC that from 1st of April 2019 the revised GIC amount will be CAD $20,000.
What would this mean to students from India?
It has not been long that IRCC had come up with the SDS (Student Direct Stream) and Non-SDS application category. Moreover, it has also come up with the new Biometric Rule for immigrants visiting Canada. According to this rule, a student must meet the following requirements to come under SDS Category –
- Admission to a full-time program (admission must be in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution that could be a university, college, institute or CEGEP)
- A minimum IELTS score of 6 in every module
- GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate) from Nova Scotia Bank or ICICI of CAD$10,000 to cover 1ST year living expenses in Canada
- Proof of 1-year tuition fee payment
- Upfront medical examination (carried out at least one week before application submission)
However, the new rule will come into effect from April 1 as per the news. According to this new rule, now the student must pay a GIC fee of CAD$20000. As a result of this, the expenses for study in Canada are going to become almost double.
If you are an aspiring student who wants to go to Canada for studies, contact us now. We can help you get an offer letter in one day and save up to $10,000. Apply for May 2019 intake before IRCC implements these new rules!
Won’t you like to save CAD $10000?
If yes, contact HSA Visa World Bathinda right away!
You can drop an email at email@example.com or simply give us a call at 9300000568 today!